Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
kdiddy said:
check www.cycle-cny.com for trails near Owego. Owego is near Binghamton and Ithaca.
Either city has some great trails systems. Binghamton has the lesser known trails, but they still rock. If you do decide to go the binghamton route, it's a necessity to stop by chenango point cycles.... from there you can learn the local trails, and better yet jump aboard a friday night ride.

tell 'em ian sent ya...

posts on the cycle-cny board will likely find you riding in Ithaca. I'm less familiar with those trails but they're also very nice. I post as the "Imposter" there as I'm no longer a CNY resident. upstate ny has some great riding that few know about...

·
I'm on fire.
304 Posts
Mac Attack II said:
I am going to spend a week visiting friends in a little town just north of Owego. I have tried to find some trail info unsuccessfully.
Any info is appreciated.
Thanks
Mike
Just North of Owego...that's where I live! When ya visiting? Oakley Corners State Forest has some nice riding, and Jenksville State Forest isn't too bad. Both places are real close to Owego (15 min drive, max). There's a couple more places in Ithaca (30 minute drive), and a handful more around Binghamton (30 min drive). Let me know what you're planning and we can meet up or I can at least find you some maps of the trail systems.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Trigger said:
Just North of Owego...that's where I live! When ya visiting? Oakley Corners State Forest has some nice riding, and Jenksville State Forest isn't too bad. Both places are real close to Owego (15 min drive, max). There's a couple more places in Ithaca (30 minute drive), and a handful more around Binghamton (30 min drive). Let me know what you're planning and we can meet up or I can at least find you some maps of the trail systems.
Trigger,

I will be staying in Newark Valley and plan on being out there mid/late june. Just trying to plan it now.
I would love to have a "local" show us around.
I grew up in Newark Valley but have not been there in 20 years, looking forward to seeing the new trails.

·
I'm on fire.
304 Posts
Cool, I bought a house in Berkshire a couple years ago. Lots of good XC riding to be found around here - I can think of 5 worthy places that are about 40 minutes or less from Newark Valley, would be happy to show you around. Keep me posted on your plans and we'll try to work something out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bawitdaba said:
Oh there has got to be snow there.
By the way Mike, whats the word on lodging at the Toronto Bike Show???
There is some snow on the ground but not un-ridable. We had a local group ride sat morning with the temps around 10 degrees with 20+ mph winds. Over 35 people showed up to ride. I am not the only person that just wants to ride in this part of IL.

http://www.prairienet.org/sjcoc/page9.html

I dont know about the Toronto Bike show I am several hours away from there. I do want to make it up there this year.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.