Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think the geometry is going to put me in a really well-balanced position for steep climbing, aggressive descending and all around good pedaling form..

Main components to use for the build:
my Crossmaxes,
Fox 130 until I get a Pike 95-140 thru axle,
Easton mid rise bar
SRAM X9 triggers and rear der.


Umm, I have a little debt to pay off now....but am looking forward to shake down ride!
 

Attachments

·
Unicycles are for clowns
Joined
·
329 Posts
Pike Race

I have a black 2005 Pike Race (coil) that I need to unload. It's used, so has some small scratches, nothing major, and I am not a hucker/jumper. Let me know if anyone is interested.
 

·
King of the Barneys
Joined
·
1,121 Posts
mtnbkrdr98 said:
I think the geometry is going to put me in a really well-balanced position for steep climbing, aggressive descending and all around good pedaling form..

Main components to use for the build:
my Crossmaxes,
Fox 130 until I get a Pike 95-140 thru axle,
Easton mid rise bar
SRAM X9 triggers and rear der.

Umm, I have a little debt to pay off now....but am looking forward to shake down ride!
Congratulations! Truly one of the best out there, hope to catch up with you and see the finished product..

I would have gone with a Turner if my wife would have allowed the outlay, but the deal on the Switchblade is what put me over...

CDB
 

·
King of the Barneys
Joined
·
1,121 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Switchblade shock mount

CBro said:
Congratulations! Truly one of the best out there, hope to catch up with you and see the finished product..

I would have gone with a Turner if my wife would have allowed the outlay, but the deal on the Switchblade is what put me over...

CDB
Thanks Chris.
did you contact Titus yet to get the linkage corrected on your SB?
 

·
King of the Barneys
Joined
·
1,121 Posts
mtnbkrdr98 said:
Thanks Chris.
did you contact Titus yet to get the linkage corrected on your SB?
Yeah, but I'm gonna wait on it until early Spring. Have employee bonuses to pay, Christmas at home, travel over Christmas, Jimminy Christmas, it can be an expensive time of the year...

But I need a different rocker arm, so that it will accept any standard 7.5" 2" stroke air shock. Also want a new crank set, rear derr, shifters, just too much good stuff out there. Can probably get it straightened out for around $400. The guy who flipped the rocker and put the coil-over Romic on it had the right idea, as that's a sweet shock. It just funkified the geometry a little much...

CDB
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top