Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Coors, the american beer.
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mud has dried up and theres no snow and ice anymore

we rode humboldt trail to south rim trail i think. snowforner15 aka jeff was ridin with me

me at the apts ready to go

jeff hittin the gap jump

steep ... this trails LEGIT ... if this was in the bay area it would be illegal!

pic of north rim

trail

more sick pics

car at the top

sunset

·
yaha ha
586 Posts
haha wow i was playing with my fork yesterday and i think its got too much rebound cuz it shot my front end up. didnt case it tho.

could you PM me more info about the trails on the south side?.. been hearing alot of talk about it but dont want to talk to the owner bymyself

·
yaha ha
586 Posts
matt said:
Hey snoforner, I thought you had a Glory? Or you just haven't gotten it yet? Either way, cool looking trail. I'd love to ride that.....
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=2633228#poststop

to the person who said " you could have gone either way" i agree with them to some extent... the konas my xc bike-short and to the point work out

but then i ride this trail and similiars with both.. just cant decide which one to let go because the glory is VERY hard to pedal on anything not pointed down.. any ways i got both for under 3 grand soo..

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
snowforner15 said:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=2633228#poststop

to the person who said " you could have gone either way" i agree with them to some extent... the konas my xc bike-short and to the point work out

but then i ride this trail and similiars with both.. just cant decide which one to let go because the glory is VERY hard to pedal on anything not pointed down.. any ways i got both for under 3 grand soo..
If it were me I would go for the bigger bike. You can always pedal harder or push, but the Glory (when properly setup) will always handle better and feel better on the descents.

I know its hard to pedal, but IMO its totally worth it, especially if you ride much gnarly DH, or race. I rode my DHR on tons of XC trails (the most notable being the McKenzie River Trail), but as long as you put your seat up a bit and spin in the flats, stand in the tougher sections, and walk in the toughest sections, it is manageable. IMO the reward on the DH greatly makes up for the sucky uphill.

Plus, the Glory is dope.

·
yaha ha
586 Posts
ya i did that with my old 50 lb V10.. konas still a good 45 but i dont need money now so ill keep them for awhile. get at me if you up out of the bay and want to ride. ill be down in the bay over spring break and possibly the week we have off in feb if its still a drought i want to do some riding

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
snowforner15 said:
ya i did that with my old 50 lb V10.. konas still a good 45 but i dont need money now so ill keep them for awhile. get at me if you up out of the bay and want to ride. ill be down in the bay over spring break and possibly the week we have off in feb if its still a drought i want to do some riding
Yeah, I'll definitely hit you up... I just got my license but I've still gotta get my new bike together...

Hit me up if you come down here.

·
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol when i was 16 i didnt sell my bike i just stopped riding it .... then i got a sick klein mantra from my friends dad and got back into it serious style.

·
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
more pics from 1-27 .... rode the same trail with tim (norcalchico) and his buddies.

senic

chads buddy slidin down the steep

mobbin out

damn i was goin fast

chads buddy

tim doin it like a champ!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.