Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Coors, the american beer.
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went riding today, and i spied what looks to be a trail on the SOUTH side of highway 32 .... anyone know what it is and how to get to the start of it? Cause it looks like its awesome ...

its not actually in bidwell park, like i said its on the SOUTH side of 32

·
Registered
225 Posts
there might be a few others here that know the trails better, its been a while since i rode in chico, but im pretty sure that trail starts up 32 at the frisby-golf course, and it can also be gotten to as a loop from the other side of the park, but you dont want to be crossing the creek this time of year...

·
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh aight so thats a summer trail then?

i could cross the creek just ride when its hella cold and frozen lol

·
Track Junkie
1,236 Posts
There are a network of trails over on Bob's property. He even has the remains of a DH course and a Dual Slalom course too.

It's on the side of 32 that you are describing. But it's private property, so ask permission, or go with someone that knows bob.

·
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aight coo thanks for the update ... you know anyone who knows bob

also how do i get on the mtn biking team? i guess ill just ask around once school starts.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Mr. Seals' property is on the other side of 32 from the park, i thought melt was reffering to what we used to call 'secret trail', about a decade ago, that runs the ridge on the south side of the park, but the north side of 32... guess i could be wrong, thats my two pennies worth

·
Track Junkie
1,236 Posts
Woah, secret trail... that brings back memories. Last time I rode it, the end of the trail had been developed into housing and a golf course. I had totally forgot about this trail.

-Brad

·
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nah the trail i was talking about was definitley south of 32 not even in the park.

brad isnt that old hes like 27 if i remember right

·
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rode north rim today all the way to the "point" then btrail down to the road, then lower trail to some connector to middle trail all the way out .... then lower bidwell to forest to back to my apt

that was one sick ride i think ill do it again tommorow

·
rider
2,356 Posts
Melt said:
rode north rim today all the way to the "point" then btrail down to the road, then lower trail to some connector to middle trail all the way out ....
Some sweet singletrack on the middle trail right off the B trail. I like the upper section of the middle trail more. Just turn right at the brown post just before the bottom of the B trail. It's about 20 yards before you get to the road.

·
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
goat said:
rode almost the same ride with my girlfriend. Were you the one with the hardtail and baggy shorts?
i did have baggy shorts ..... but i was riding my fs trek fuel ..... i did see a dude and his girl ... were you guys stopped when i passed by .... like by a ditch first i passed you then her .... and on the way by i commented about the trails .... cause like i said it coulda totally been you.

·
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ha thats funny ..... i remember blowing my freewheel back in 2004 like 2 miles from the car ..... now that sucked

·
Track Junkie
1,236 Posts
Hey, keep him on the down-low. He's not a guy who likes to attract attention, respect his privacy. Keep it on the PM's. Ask around the original Chico cyclists to find out more about him. Start at the bike shops.

Thanks for the above edit!

·
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bump to this thread .... went looking for the trails couldnt find em ... ended up doing way too much climbing and a headache .... went down santos canyon road, cut over to wilder somehow, and then climbed back out when i realised all the side roads werent leading to it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.