Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I give up, have tried to upload some recently scanned pics, I keep getting a window saying i"m not connected, I tried varoius settings, what could I be doing wrong, ready to just forget the whole thing here:madman: :madman: :madman:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still doesn't work

Nver had a problem before, this is way to frustrating/annoying, I could get some pics to upload and now somw won't, something to do with a connection, I'll try another

·
Registered
523 Posts
I was having the same problem...

Vernon VernDog said:
Nver had a problem before, this is way to frustrating/annoying, I could get some pics to upload and now somw won't, something to do with a connection, I'll try another
I think the problem for me was that the file sizes were too large. Try taking a picture in a smaller size. I know you can compress a current photo to a smaller size, but I don't know how to do it. It seems to work for me when I took lower quality pictures.

Let me know it worked or I just got lucky. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Vernon VernDog said:
Ok, I give up, have tried to upload some recently scanned pics, I keep getting a window saying i"m not connected, I tried varoius settings, what could I be doing wrong, ready to just forget the whole thing here:madman: :madman: :madman:
Hey Vern?! (SORRY, I always wanted to say that ..... or at least type it ..... and mean it)

Details.
What browser are you using (version, too)?
What size are the files?
What format are the files?
Do you have a Pop-Up blocker?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
re:hey Vern

Hey, no sweat, I already went throught that stage in h/s with earnest/water heater thing, Know what mean!!

Computer info, I think

microsoft interent 7 version
scanner pics
files supported by jpeg,etc
pop up blocker I have tried with this turned on and off

How can I send the scanned pics to some thing different?

Ask me abut tuning bikes, setting up centerless grinders building wheels and working on brakes, suspension and gears/rohloff hubs, no problem, this computer stuff sometimes just gets annoying, another reason why i like to hits the trails

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Vernon VernDog said:
Hey, no sweat, I already went throught that stage in h/s with earnest/water heater thing, Know what mean!!

Computer info, I think

microsoft interent 7 version
scanner pics
files supported by jpeg,etc
pop up blocker I have tried with this turned on and off

How can I send the scanned pics to some thing different?

Ask me abut tuning bikes, setting up centerless grinders building wheels and working on brakes, suspension and gears/rohloff hubs, no problem, this computer stuff sometimes just gets annoying, another reason why i like to hits the trails
Okay, two things;

1) ah, I see you're using "the new stuff", too (IE7 - some pro's, some con's, bigger pita with the current bugs). I had the same experience first time, also. Keep the Pop-Up blocker activated, when you hit Ctrl to "allow" the PU, IE7 will STILL not allow it (yeah, I know - STOOOOOOPID). Ckick once with the left mouse button on the top menu, the one that drops down when there's a PU detected. You will have a few options - pick the one that say's "temporarily allow pop ups".

Should be good to go IF it's not your pics.

2) P.M. me your e-mail addy and we can get you to send me a sample pic. I'll try on my end.

:cool: ?

·
Bored
1,982 Posts
Vista warning

Not that any of you might have pirated software on your system, but, if you install Vista, it will remove it. Also, many applications do not support Vista at this point. My suggestion is to wait for 6 months.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Vern, you bugger you! I received your e-mail. While some of your pics are too lage in filesize (kb) they're mostly just too LARGE. Max MTBR allows is 1024 x 1024 pixels.

I'll re-size to what'll fit and post here. I'll also re-send ONLY the pics that'll work back to your e-mail so you have them.

I have to go out to the Post Office right now. Be on this a.s.a.p. when I get back. :thumbsup:

p.s. - you need a 29er, dear lord man! You're as bad as I used to be.

p.p.s. - thanks for pointing out that ALL this time i've been resizing my pics "too small" for the format I was using.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Ooooooohhhh, aaaaaahhhhh. Not too bad!

Vern, i'll get to work on the rest of your pics for you right away. Again, you'll get back ONLY the one's that'll work. There's no point in me sending you the originals as you already have them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.