Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to get mostly Shimano Deore 11s parts.

My understanding is the 11-51T cassette should fit right on my hub which currently has a Shimano 9s cassette.

Also getting Shimano Deore 11s shifter and chain, and rear mech that supports the 11s cassette with a 32T "narrow wide" chainring - probably Raceface but I'm not sure yet.

My crank is a Sram S-800, it seems to have a 104BCD for the middle ring.

Should I be able to put the chainring right on the middle ring of my current crank, or should I measure for proper chainline and use spacers for the best fit?

Please let me know if any of this sounds wrong or if I am missing anything, greatly appreciated!

·
Older than I feel
1,907 Posts
Yeah, that's pretty much it. I did a very similar conversion on an old Chumba XCL recently. I went with an XT 11 speed shifter, and an old friend had an XT 12 speed derailleur. The combination works very well - as long as the derailleur hanger is straight.

You might find that a 50mm chainline is too far out. I added spacers to get the ring to 46mm. The chain sounds much happier with that change.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.