Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· i ride bikes
2019 Norco Range A2
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my bike now I have a 2019 YARI and I want to upgrade to a lyrik ultimate. I know that I need the RC2.1 LSC/HSC damper, the skf seals, probably a new debon air spring even tho i have one and the decals. However on the website where I'll be purchasing the damper the sizes are lyrik and yari+. I have no clue what a yari+ is and if my bike is a yari+. Could someone who knows forks help me :D.

Links:
RockShox Yari RC 2019 Fork (170mm version)

If you need any clarification please let me know.

· Registered
1,595 Posts
Type serial into sram website. Can post results. Or give to lbs

i have same fork w an rc2 charger upgrade.
Massive improvement.
damper shouldnt matter. Just get it and a bleed kit.
swap fluid as needed which for me is every spring.

Go for it

· Registered
5,966 Posts

Massive improvement.

Go for it
What Fuse said. Trailhead.com and enter that serial number. You will see the exact part number needed for the upgrade. Give that to your LBS and they will get it for you. Some like the "C" version air spring, some don't (Pinkbike for one). I went for the Smashpot and charger2.1 upgrade.

Get the bleed kit for the Charger2.1. Mine needed it new. You'll use it at some point anyway. I bleed mine as part of the 50hr lowers service. The bleed just keeps everything in perfect balance.

Reactions: Fuse6F

· i ride bikes
2019 Norco Range A2
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
What Fuse said. Trailhead.com and enter that serial number. You will see the exact part number needed for the upgrade. Give that to your LBS and they will get it for you. Some like the "C" version air spring, some don't (Pinkbike for one). I went for the Smashpot and charger2.1 upgrade.

Get the bleed kit for the Charger2.1. Mine needed it new. You'll use it at some point anyway. I bleed mine as part of the 50hr lowers service. The bleed just keeps everything in perfect balance.
thanks

· i ride bikes
2019 Norco Range A2
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

where do i find the serial code

· i ride bikes
2019 Norco Range A2
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Massive improvement.

Go for it
my serial number shows up with no results? is it because it's a 2019 fork?

· Registered
404 Posts
Charger 2.1 RC2 as it is listed on the RS site there. What should be wrong about that? You have boost, you need the one for boost. Threads are all the same. There is only one for all model years, as the Charger 2.0 rc2 is outdated.

· Registered
1,073 Posts
non-boost are shorter, you need the boost which is called "+" on that list
Say what?

None of this is correct. Boost and non-boost Yari and Lyrik have the same internal dimensions, they're not like the Pike where the non-boost is shorter. There is only one exception - the 29+ Yari and the 29+ Pike is the same fork, has maximum 160mm travel, and at 160mm travel is 10mm longer in axle to crown than the other Lyriks and Yari's. But it still has the same internal dimensions.

Any Lyrik Charger 2.1 will fit in any Yari, 27.5, 27.5+ or 29, boost or non-boost.

The "+" on that list means nothing, it's that site's way of distinguishing between RCT3 and the "+" RC2.

OP is looking for part number 00.4020.170.000

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.