Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a set of used tektro 10 disc brake calipers and know they have horrible reviews, but was wondering if anyone is using them with upgraded pads and good results? Or should I reluctantly cough up the money for bb7s?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I've never had any experience with Tektro disc brakes but I have used many Tektro V and 990 brakes over the years. A lot comes down to branding hype. They may lack ease in dialing them in and may be less stronger but often that's it for difference.

·
Short-Change-Hero
6,534 Posts
Agree with ianick... they actually were popping up all week on Chainlove for $34.99/ea. I would keep my eye out there and/or hit up their Facebook page. Chances are they will show up again soon. If nothing else, the combo deal is back at Blueskycycling for 2010 calipers, G2 cleansweep, Speed Dial 7 levers, and shimano cables, all for $120.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Dont get it. I had tektro disc brake on my cannondale. Their stopping power even after dialed in is similar to cantilever brakes. I actually managed to almost flipped over on a wheelie coz the braking power was weak. It barely, barely was able to pull me back down.

I have been riding for 20 years, and have actually worked at a shop before. So the set up was correct, if not best that it could be. It still functioned terribly.

Save up and get BB7 as suggested by others.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.