Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,

I understand that the 2018 Blur uses a metric 170x35mm shock, LV. I would like to upgrade to a factory version (bike came with performance elite). I cannot find a factory / kashima shock ANYWHERE online. 2 questions:

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement factory version?
Is it possible to use a non metric shock instead?

Thanks.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I saw a CC DB Inline for a stupid low price on Competitive Cyclist a few months back but slept on it.

Maybe SC/dealer can source one for you?

When volume adjusting mine, if looked kinda like it might actually just be a 7.25/1.75 (184/44) with a limiting spacer inside, but I could be mistaken.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I've seen them on Ebay and pinkbike. Sram and CC are options too. What's the difference between the factory and one on the bike other than the color?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hey Folks,

I understand that the 2018 Blur uses a metric 170x35mm shock, LV. I would like to upgrade to a factory version (bike came with performance elite). I cannot find a factory / kashima shock ANYWHERE online. 2 questions:

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement factory version?
Is it possible to use a non metric shock instead?

Thanks.
You would have to order direct from SC as its a custom size and tune as I understand it. I don't believe there is a non metric equivalent, and even a few mm difference in eye to eye would change too much on that short shock.

Isn't the only difference the kashima color between those two shocks?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You would have to order direct from SC as its a custom size and tune as I understand it. I don't believe there is a non metric equivalent, and even a few mm difference in eye to eye would change too much on that short shock.

Isn't the only difference the kashima color between those two shocks?
Thanks, yes this looks like it may be the only option.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I saw a CC DB Inline for a stupid low price on Competitive Cyclist a few months back but slept on it.

Maybe SC/dealer can source one for you?

When volume adjusting mine, if looked kinda like it might actually just be a 7.25/1.75 (184/44) with a limiting spacer inside, but I could be mistaken.
I saw the cane creek too. If i knew it'd work I'd try one

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Rocky Mountain, GT LaBomba DJ
356 Posts
I would give Fox a call and ask them. I talked to them last week about the tune and they gave me lots of info to help me decide how I want to proceed with the bike/shock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.