Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
supernoob here, so please go easy on me.

you may have seen a similar thread in the beginners forum last week. about 10 years ago my folks got me a giant boulder (not sure what kind specifically... 20" body, no spring suspension)...

i'm trying to find something online that might have the specific specs so i could find out what i might be able to do to upgrade it.

anyone know of any good sites with this info? the giant website has nothing older than 1999 i believe.

thanks guys/gals!

shannon

·
Registered
245 Posts
shiitake said:
supernoob here, so please go easy on me.

you may have seen a similar thread in the beginners forum last week. about 10 years ago my folks got me a giant boulder (not sure what kind specifically... 20" body, no spring suspension)...

i'm trying to find something online that might have the specific specs so i could find out what i might be able to do to upgrade it.

anyone know of any good sites with this info? the giant website has nothing older than 1999 i believe.

thanks guys/gals!

shannon
Do not even bother upgrading that bike, it will cost you to much money for an older frame like that, you might as well buy a new bike. If you wanted to put a suspension fork on that bike you will have a hard time finding a decent fork because you have the 1" headset on that older model, today everything is mainly 1 1/8". You can buy 2004 boulders with a front suspension for around $200. Aluminum frame Boulders with front suspension will only cost you $260. So you might as well buy a new bike instead of trying to upgrade your older one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. so far, i'm just using it as a commuter to get to and from the train station.

bit i can already tell that i would change a few things bout it if i was going to ride it more often.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.