Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Overdrive 29er back in 2013 on clearance at Performance Bicycle for $280 and aside from a couple of fairly unsatisfying test rides it's been sitting in my garage ever since.

Biggest two shortcomings I experienced on the bike are the front fork and the bottom of the line Shimano 3 into 8 speed drivetrain (all basically Tourney and Acera parts) and the Suntour cranks.

So, I've gone ahead and fixed up the front end with a new Rock Shox fork and am now ready to swap the drive train.

I've been grabbing up parts on clearance sales over the past few months and managed to pick up these:

-Shimano LX 3x9 Dual Control Shifter/V-brake Lever Set
-Shimano LX M581 Rear Derailleur Long Cage
-Shimano LX M570 Front Derailleur
-Shimano Deore M590 Triple Crankset 44X32X22T
-SRAM PG950 9-speed Cassette 11-34
-Shimano CN-HG93 9-Speed Chain

So I'm $190 all in on these parts.

Now this will be the first time that I have attempted a complete swap of a drivetrain on my own so before I start the replacement, is there anything that I should know about the components listed above that set off any "red flags" or some reason why they might not work well together?

Thanks..

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.