Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys.
im gonna upgrade my 06 p2's brakes from the hayes sole to the avid juicy fives.....my question is.....when i buy the new brakes....do they come with the rotor aswell or do i have to buy the rotor seperate?

also if i have to buy the rotor seperate....will the avid juicy be ok to use on the rotors currently on the bike or do i have to buy avid rotors before i can use them??

cheers

·
Registered
832 Posts
It should say on the description if they come with rotors or not.

goosy said:
hey guys.
im gonna upgrade my 06 p2's brakes from the hayes sole to the avid juicy fives.....my question is.....when i buy the new brakes....do they come with the rotor aswell or do i have to buy the rotor seperate?

also if i have to buy the rotor seperate....will the avid juicy be ok to use on the rotors currently on the bike or do i have to buy avid rotors before i can use them??

cheers

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i will most probably be keeping the sole brakes just in case something happens to the avid brakes that way i can just exchange them back over.

ive also decided to go with 8" rotors instead of the 6" rotors...only an extra 20 dollars.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
nice dog, juicy 5's are great brakes...if your going 8 inch like you should, your gonna need the right mounting brackets, and if your runnin' a 20 mm up front, there's a different mount for dat 2

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
goosy said:
i will most probably be keeping the sole brakes just in case something happens to the avid brakes that way i can just exchange them back over.

ive also decided to go with 8" rotors instead of the 6" rotors...only an extra 20 dollars.
way worth it...but you might need new adapters for it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.