Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what do you think you nomad fans, should i go 7 inches travel on the front. My fox vanilla coil right now is great, but iam wondering if i go a little more travel in the front if it will make that much difference in my big roller/steeps/big hit ability? Anyone race a downhill race with a nomad? I am usually not very competetive in downhill nor very good, just run the course to have fun and chill at event. What kind of fork do you recommend? Single crown or triple? I have the 1.5 inch steer tube

·
Let's RIDE!
73 Posts
Visa Versa...

I am thinking of going the opposite way with my nomad. I currently have a Marzocchi 66Light with 170mm of travel and it matches the 165mm rear travel well... I really like it at the freeride park in Mammoth. The bike feels well balanced for this type riding and is much friendlier to pedal than my VP Free was....

Currently I have been looking to go with something with less travel as I am doing more XC type riding and want to try something new before going to a Blur LT. :rolleyes:

Don't know if this helps...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What up heavy pedal, thanks for the reply, overseas right now so my timezones are off. Right now i have the fox vanilla 160mm fork on my nomad, pretty nice, iam wondering though if that 1 more inch of travel with the 66 marzocchi will make a difference on steeper rollers and drops, will it? Also man i guess you ride in mammoth? I will be in norcal first second week oct. Is there any bike parks or kick ass trails to ride out there that late in the season?

·
Let's RIDE!
73 Posts
The longer travel really slackin's the head angle so that you can really pin it down the steep stuff! I live near Joshua Tree in a town called Yucca Valley, California. So Mammoth is a treat that is only during the Summer months when school is out. As far as the riding in NorCal during October it might get a little chilly. Th NorCal crews would probably call me a NancyBoy, :skep: but I'm used to 110 degree weather. :madmax: Try some of the MTBR forums related to the area you're going, you'd be surprised how much info is listed on this site. You are already riding the best bike ever, so where it points and shoots is all gravy! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have a Boxxer that has 180mm that I wanted to put on my Nomad to try out. With my new DHX rear shock on the way, that should put me somewhere in between a Nomad and a VP. Could 20mm really mess up the bikes geometry?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had 66 180mm in Nomad, I thought it was perfect till I tried 66 170mm :) I sold both 66 and will try the Z1 150mm soon :) Nomad turnes much better with 160 / 170mm fork, even on DH trails :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.