Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just about to do a quick upgrade on my 95 Steel Stumpy and thought it might be wise to pose this question here before I start.

Bike is on the repair stand and Ziin's book is opened to page 69.

Here goes....
I just got a RD-M910 and was going to switch out from my stock RD-M737. Is there anything that might create a compatibility issue or problem?

Thanks in advance.

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,938 Posts
Nope, and Zin's a hackjob who'd never have gotten a repair book published had he not been a longtime writer at Bicycling magazine. He can write fine, but he puts a lot of wives tales/myths into his mechanical how-to's that create bad habits which new mechanics shouldn't be learning.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
DeeEight said:
Nope, and Zin's a hackjob who'd never have gotten a repair book published had he not been a longtime writer at Bicycling magazine. He can write fine, but he puts a lot of wives tales/myths into his mechanical how-to's that create bad habits which new mechanics shouldn't be learning.
Interesting. I've never read his book. What wives tales/myths does he spew?

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,938 Posts
He's one of the big "no grease the BB spindle" myth spreaders that have cursed the bicycling world the past 25 years among other things.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
DeeEight said:
He's one of the big "no grease the BB spindle" myth spreaders that have cursed the bicycling world the past 25 years among other things.
Ahhhh...he's one of "those" guys haha. I always use anti-seeze compound.

Sorry for the hijack but I think the original question was answered already. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.