Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
RideDirt
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when the time comes to swap out my fork on my new enduro , I was thinking of going 180mm rather then 160mm cuz I will start doing more DH riding with it .. That shouldnt cause too much stress on the frame would it? Or can I even go 200mm? Anyone with experience please chime in ? Thank you !

·
Registered
25 Posts
I recommend looking at your Enduro Owners Manual if you still have it. On the same page that it gives information about the fork setup it says how much fork travel you can put on the bike without voiding the warranty and without causing too much stress on the frame.

Hope this helped.

·
RideDirt
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i looked and couldnt really find a warning point , but basically 170mm would be max cuz the enduro EVO i believe comes with a 170MM fork... If thats the case i think i can def run 180mm without any problems cuz technically that would mean im only going over by 10mm which shouldnt push it. What you guys think?

Has anyone gone over 20MM of extra travel?

·
Registered
25 Posts
If the bike comes with a 170mm fork then10mm shouldn't be a problem. I have a Specialized Epic which comes stock with a 100mm fork and the manual says that you can put on a 120mm. As far as I know, you should be able to put a 180mm fork on your bike.

·
RideDirt
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya , the Enduro Comp and EVOs are built on the same frame im pretty sure and since the EVO comes with a 170mm stock i could easily run that and then move up to a 180 easily. I my manual for having the enduro comp it says 170mm to be safe, but like i mentioned before i think 180 i will be safe with :) .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.