Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a new giant 2011 Talon 29er 2 and i was having problems with my shifters and derailleurs, and i flat out want to upgrade my components i currently have the sram x4 shifters and just the base line derailleurs i assume....so if anyone has ideas on what i should upgrade too please let me hear, i was looking at the sram force for a rear derailleur but other then i dont know...i was hoping not to spend to much but i want decent stuff so i am willing to spend some money..let me know. THANKS
tl1lm0n52 is online now Reply With Quote

·
Plays with tools
4,648 Posts
if you recently bought your bike your components have settled in and need adjustment. If you want to upgrade personally I would suggest wheels over drivetrain at this point. Nothing will change the feel of your bike more than nice wheels, and if you bike has X4 shifters your wheels are worthy of a sherman tank. If you really want ot upgrade drive train I think that cassettes, chainrings and chains have more of an impact on shifting performance than the shifters and deraliures do. might be worth while to get a XT cassette, cranks and a decent chain than change out your shifters and deralures.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts