Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· SLO Mtn biker!
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just upgraded to a SRAM AXS derailleur, but now have 4 holes in my new Ibis Ripley V4 frame that I'm wondering how to plug without looking ghetto (i.e. not black tape). I see they are now an easy avenue for dirt and water to get into the frame.

Any of you wireless derailleur users have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
5,931 Posts
SRAM offer a generic wireless frame plug kit or there are often specific frame plug kits as spare parts by the manufacturers as well.

What I did on my Specialized Epic was to use some silicone rubber PC case fan mount screws as the Specialized kit was out of stock. They're soft rubber and push into the empty frame holes for a clean fit. The case fan mounts are much cheaper than buying the same thing as branded bike spares.:)

eg: Acousti Ultra-Soft Flush-Fit Silicone Fan Mounts AFM02B

· SLO Mtn biker!
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These are some great suggestions - glad I asked the forum! I especially like the rubber fan mounts and the Jagwire plug solutions. Just placed an order! 👍

Thanks!

· Registered
Fully & eMTB fully & XC HT
77 Posts
On my Scott Scale left it open and on the Canyon Neuron there was no need for it. It had external cable routing. I have no problems on my Scott with dirt. So did not use tape or plugs. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.