Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
"THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Owner of 2011 Giant Anthem 29er X3...

I want to upgrade my rear derailer to new XTR PLUS...

Can i keep the Shimano SLX M660, Rapidfire, 3x10 Speed shifters currently on the bike with the XTR Plus?

Please advise as i need clarification... Also thinking of upgrading to XTR crank and front derailer also...

Only upgrade to date are tubeless Schwalbe Fat Albert front and rear tires...PS...tires are awesome...they changed the personality of the bike from good to great...

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Got the bug do ya? not 100% sure but that should work.

If it was me I would not spend the dollars on XTR deraileurs without upgrading shifters too, maybe look for XT shifters, f/r deraileurs if you wantg to throw money into crisper shiftings. Cassette and crank XT is a good bang for buck IMO as well.

I used to use Deore 9 speed then went to XT 9 speed, difference is night and day. I dont much difference between 9 and 10 speed (other than gear ratio and 36T cassette).

·
"THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.. appreciate the info...I agree with you...I'm taking your advice...I'll be changing the cassette to an XT and and the shifters to the 2012 XTR shifters...I understand the work and look awesome... Looking forward to the new set-up...I'll post how things work out.. THANKS AGAIN !!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.