Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a Carbon Honzo with an RS1 and carbon wheels.

has like new Shimano XT drivetrain and brakes on it.

The bike is going to be my XC race bike. All of my other bikes/wheelsets have SRAM on them now....

Woudl it be worth the money to upgrade/sell off the Shimano and swap over to XX1/AXS/brakes

Weight difference alone is almost 1lb.....I run XX1 on all my other bikes currently as well.

What say you XC racers?

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
A pound lighter is a pound lighter. You will be quicker on a lighter bike, a very tiny amount quicker, but quicker is quicker. Really depends on the amount of cash you have.

·
Registered
5,819 Posts
Weight is weight, but I have also found it is nice to have the same drive train on multiple bikes. That way spares fit more than one bike and maintenance is same procedure. All my mtn bikes run Shimano brakes, and my 2 geared bikes run Sram X01 or XX1 11spd. My other Mtb is a single speed, but shares the same Race face crank style as my epic. So same BB, same chainrings, except one is alloy and the other is carbon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.