Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a trek 820 and was thinking about upgrading to disk brakes. i was wondering what type of disk brakes to get and the appropriate wheelset to complement them. i was also planning on upgrading the rear rim brakes to some Avid brakes. so i will need a wheelset that is compatible with disk and rim brakes. I hope someone has some advice before i proceed with my upgrades.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
tbyron said:
I own a trek 820 and was thinking about upgrading to disk brakes. i was wondering what type of disk brakes to get and the appropriate wheelset to complement them. i was also planning on upgrading the rear rim brakes to some Avid brakes. so i will need a wheelset that is compatible with disk and rim brakes. I hope someone has some advice before i proceed with my upgrades.
If you're on a budget, do Avid BB7 $150 on Rhyno Lites $100.

If you got some money to spend, get a nice set of hydros $300 - $400 along with a nice wheelset $500ish....

If you give us more to work with, such as budget and riding style, we can make more specific recommendations.

Also, this forum has a wealth of information in previous posts. So pick your favouriate manufacturer and do a search..

Ming

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.