Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone ,
I just sold my Northrock XC6 bike and i need something better .
I have for a mountain bike (all mountain) 700$ for spend + or - 100$
i have some bikes in mind but i'm not very sure what the best for tha money.
Need a 29er for sure with 18-19" frame size

Buy $799.99 – Fuji Tahoe 29 3.0 Bike 2012 : | Big save on DT24.bigdealz1.biz

Cannondale Trail 29er 5 Bike - 2014 at REI.com

2013 Avalanche 2.0 - Trail Bikes - VTT Bikes - Vélos Bikes

or if you know better bikes let me know.
thank you

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
The fork is the most important component for trail riding. This bike has a vey low level fork designed for bikepaths.
Go on trails and it turns into a pogo stick.
$200 to upgrade to a Raidon air fork. Or you could look at the earlier listing with the good fork already installed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The fork is the most important component for trail riding. This bike has a vey low level fork designed for bikepaths.
Go on trails and it turns into a pogo stick.
$200 to upgrade to a Raidon air fork. Or you could look at the earlier listing with the good fork already installed.
ok. so what bike do you recommend ?

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
2013 Marin Bobcat Trail 29er 17" MTB Hardtail Bike Shimano 9S Hydraulic Disc New | eBay
One of these in your size.
Shimano Alivio/ Deore 9sp drive components.
Suntour Raidon 29er LO-R Air, 100mm Travel with Adjustable Rebound Damping, Hydraulic Lockout, Air Spring Preload, and Tapered Lightweight Alloy Steer Tube. Note the tapered head tube on the frame.
Buy these Shimano SLX brakes.
Shimano SLX M675 Brake Levers and Post Mount Calipers (set), Brakes, BRAKES MTB
Change the destination and the currency. Use the coupon code CASH10. $111.36/set. Call Jenson and they will price match this with free shipping so you don't have to use moto style(right front). Check the Brake section for the shortening method for the rear. You can install the front uncut in 10 minutes with zip ties.
Get any drive component upgrades you want now these are the lowest prices ever. SLX crankset is $91. SLX Shadow Plus rear, XT shifters, XT 11-36 10sp cassette, and HG95 chain.
Switch the tires to Nobby Nic Performance at about 36/ea. Run about 20psi front 25 rear. Add air if you get rim hits.
Wellgo B143 pedals(stubby pins) and trailrunners or other lugged shoes and a helmet off CL. Get a Multitool for riding.
Watch this vid for the low heels technique. And the next for cornering. And his others.

Save up a little more and lace up a light front wheel like an Arch Ex or LB 35mm hookless rim to a hub with changeable endcaps in the future.

·
Registered
145 Posts
:confused: None of those bikes are all mountain

You'll probably need to look used or Ebay for an all mountain build in that price range.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts