Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4 year old Titus Switchblade (from Hammerhead). I've at least started down the path of upgrading some of it's parts but I just realized that perhaps now's the time to consider just buying a new bike. Buying part by part can be really expensive and I hear raves about bikes like the Nomad, Intense 5.5, 6.6, Turner's, Foes FXR.

But I have never tried any of these other bikes. I don't do big hits or drops but do love the idea that I could ride over large roots and rocks with less of a jolt up the seatpost. As long as I could still do technical uphill stuff (I'm rarely on lifts or doing anything like that). So is the Switchblade still up to snuff and I should just swap the float R for a RP23 (and the fork of course), or should I just take the opportunity to try more travel ?

I'm 5'10", do just general trail riding (hills for sure) and weigh 163lbs.

Thanks,

Ben

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
What linkage do you have? You can get 5.7"'s of travel from the SB with a new link. Add an adjustable travel fork like a Pike Air U-Turn or a TALUS and you would have a very capable all rounder.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.