Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I wanted to ask if this was possible. I bought a 2000 Lefty Jekyll and it's got a Fox Float R. I wanted to see if I could upgrade this Shox to something newer? Like a Fox Float RL with PP or something more advanced than what I got? I am attaching pictures of what I got. Any responses would be greatly appreciated. :)

photo 1 (2).jpg photo 2 (2).jpg photo (2).jpg

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,285 Posts
Those rear units are like hens teeth due to proprietary design.

You can maybe find some on eBay if you're patient.

Might consider talking with PUSH Industries, see if they can modernize it a bit for you with some platform valving etc. No way to add lockout that I know of.

Now, your bigger issue is that swing arm. That's the dreaded, bonded arm. They all broke, like toothpicks.

Not saying you can't go have a bit of fun with it, but know that it will most certainly break if you use it as intended for any length of time. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.....

·
Registered
671 Posts
As Mendon said, Push would be the way to go. Push's site actually says that due to lack of parts, they remove the lockout mechanism and convert the RL/RC shock to a Float R, so it would make more sense just to have that shock Pushed than to get an RL/RC. The Push tune would be more benefit in terms of ride ability unless you really want a lockout. They can make the Float R perform like a newer RPx series.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello to everyone. i am the new guy in town. i have a 2001 Cannondale if I don't mistake the year, I had it stored for many years ,and of course my son will come and use it. Never left the house until three months ago he took it and return it with the rear Fox shox blown. I can't fine parts or a new one.Any suggestions? Papafuente

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello to everyone. i am the new guy in town. i have a 2001 Cannondale if I don't mistake the year, I had it stored for many years ,and of course my son will come and use it. Never left the house until three months ago he took it and return it with the rear Fox shox blown. I can't fine parts or a new one.Any suggestions? Papafuente
Try a seal rebuild kit just some O rings

1 - 8 of 8 Posts