Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dummy
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta trek remedy 7 2014. Bought a new wheelset (ck and stans flow). Looking at a new drivetrain or dropper post. Can't do both, so which upgrade would be the best upgrade for some xc racing and just screwing around day to day.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Once you ride with a dropper seat post you will never go back!!! I would rather ride a 500$ bike with a dropper post than a 5000$ bike without one!!! True story. I have a rockshox reverb stealth on my Mach 6.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was going to go 1x11 and the reviews were good except one thing. You loose either top end speed or climbing efficiency depending on the size you go in the front. It is a lot lighter though... I went 2x10 because I climb a lot and I like to go fast so the 1x option wouldn't fit me, and to can go from climbing to fast with less shifting with a 2x. Having no front deraillur is benificial but 2x front derailurs are a lot Easter to deal with and dial in than a 3x.

·
Dummy
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was going to go 1x11 and the reviews were good except one thing. You loose either top end speed or climbing efficiency depending on the size you go in the front. It is a lot lighter though... I went 2x10 because I climb a lot and I like to go fast so the 1x option wouldn't fit me, and to can go from climbing to fast with less shifting with a 2x. Having no front deraillur is benificial but 2x front derailurs are a lot Easter to deal with and dial in than a 3x.
I'm in the same boat. Lots of climbing around here and I don't want to loose the ability to pedal down hill. That's the only thing that puts me off from the 1x11.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got:
Xt rear deraillur,front deraillur, chain, rear cassette, shifters, and 24t-38t crankset for 400$ at chain reaction cycle.com

It's a great drivetrain and it does it all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.