Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was about to order a 2019 Sync'r when I was offered a trade. I traded my Crossrip (which I hated) for a like new 2018 Fuse 6fattie.

From what I can tell the weakest links on this specialized is the fork (it's bad) and maybe the BB. Right now there are 120mm Suntour Raidons for $99 on eBay. I could get that and a new crank/BB for a few hundred bucks.

This would likely end up being a little lighter than the Sync'r and besides losing some travel I bet it would be comparable. I only paid $300 for the crossrip so I am only in this Fuse $300...

·
Registered
14,902 Posts
The Raidon slows up after a bit because of grease Suntour loads it with. Change that to oil and it's a good value fork. It has a cartridge damper that needs zero maintenance. Get a good low pressure gauge off Amazon for your tires. They can perform best at lower pressures. You'll need to experiment to get what works for your terrain and speeds. You can go lower til you get rim hits in your roughest trail segment.
https://www.amazon.com/Accu-Gage-Pr...tire+gauge&qid=1564677170&s=automotive&sr=1-3

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.