Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to mountain biking and purchased a 08 GF Cobia new last spring. I really wanted FS but thought I should take it slow getting into something new. After a riding for a season I would love to go FS and was wondering if I should get a Big Mama frame and transfer my components or just buy a new bike? Any advice would help.

Thanks

·
Registered
628 Posts
G'day, gfarb and welcome.

Firstly, I'd say yes to Big Mama. Whether or not to go with a new bike or frame only is up to you. You need to make the calculations and think of the pros and cons. Do you need a back up bike / commuter? Does the Cobia fit that bill? Can you afford a new bike? These are really only questions you can answer.

Once you have then there are plenty of people here who can advise you on where to buy etc. I bought from Speedgoat dot com. They have amazing prices on both frame only and complete XT bike at the moment.

Also do a thread titles only advanced seach for Big Mama in the Salsa forum and again in the 29er forum. That will bring back heaps of good info and pictures.

Good luck with your decision.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.