Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a GF Marlin Disc. I've had the ride for just over a year and love it. That said I would like to either upgrade the Marlin or get a GF 29. Since the Marlin only cost about $750 is it really worth upgrading? Instead of upgrading I could get a X-Cal or Rig for only a couple more dollars or if I wanted to drop a little more get a Paragon. Any and all advice or suggestion are much appreciated.

·
MTBR Member
3,008 Posts
It's worth upgrading, if you find that you don't like 29 inch wheels. Might be a good idea to hang on to it, while you try out some 29ers(or even buy one). I liked my fisher hardtail a whole lot until I bought a FS 29er. Since then, it has seen very little use. Now I'm in the process of parting out my fisher hardtail(which I upgraded somewhat heavily) to pay for the 29er hardtail that is going to replace it. Good thing is, I can use most of the parts that I can't get much money back out of and sell the expensive parts(fork, wheels, frame) that I will not need anymore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.