Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went from a 2004 FSR XC Pro to a 2005 women's FSR XC that fits a lot better. But the shock is not as good--it's supposed to be a Manitou Axel Comp but it just says Axel on it and doesn't have the lockout that the one on the XC Pro which was an Axel Plus LO.

Could this easily be upgraded to the LO? It's still like new and in the adjustment stage & I'm going to the LBS for a new stem in about an hour.

·
In my mind, I can do it!
2,365 Posts
MTDirtGirl said:
I went from a 2004 FSR XC Pro to a 2005 women's FSR XC that fits a lot better. But the shock is not as good--it's supposed to be a Manitou Axel Comp but it just says Axel on it and doesn't have the lockout that the one on the XC Pro which was an Axel Plus LO.

Could this easily be upgraded to the LO? It's still like new and in the adjustment stage & I'm going to the LBS for a new stem in about an hour.
Doing a shock upgrade isn't hard but it may be expensive especially at your LBS. I would price it out with them and if its too much then just plan on upgrading the shock with something you would really like more, like a Marzocchi or something. I have the MX Comp w/ETA on my FSR and I love the fork. The ETA works somewhat like a LO for doing uphill climbs and stuff but honestly I rarely use it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.