Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Yes. Some like to cut off the end of the hose with the crushed olive and use a new barb and olive, but I've often just reused the existing olive if it wasn't previously over-tightened and crushed to smithereens. However, if there is enough existing hose length to allow it, you might as well cut off the crushed end and put the new barb and olive on as it's only a couple of minutes work, if that.

·
Registered
496 Posts
It's not the same hose. The Guide RSC uses this hose kit.

The Code RSC uses this.

The two are not interchangeable.
I'll say more. The banjo on the Guide hose is different than the banjo on the Code hose. The Code's banjo bolt will not interface correctly with the Guide banjo. Will the Guide's banjo bolt thread into the Code caliper correctly, thus allowing the use of the Guide hose kit with a Code lever and caliper? Possibly, I couldn't say one way or another. But like, why bother trying to find out when you could just get the correct stuff to begin with?

Were you planning on buying levers and calipers separately and therefore trying to reuse your Guide hoses? Bought used Code complete assemblies with hoses that are too short for your bike? I guess in those scenarios there would be no harm in checking out the compatibility of the Guide banjo bolt with the Code caliper. But I'd still advise just getting the correct Code hose kit and not having to worry about compatibility at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.