Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just curious alil.
are there upgrade dw links that can lower a bb height/ slack of HA? ( for a 7point)
i could of sworn that someone did this and changed the geo of a 7point...or am i just dreaming

·
Just another FOC'er
2,222 Posts
I'm sure those pivots are where they are for a reason. If you changed the linkage it wouldn't be a DW link any longer, and probably wouldn't pedal or brake as well.

I figure that with my 888rc2x on a 7point running a zero stack HS it would have around a 66.5 degree HA and the BB would be around 14.75". While, that BB may be a little high for some, I think that's about perfect.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Pretty sure you are SOL on this one. The only 'different' links that I am aware of from IH, are the new ones for the sunday that allow more shock options and have a different shock mount set up. Never heard of a geometry change for any of the IH bikes.

Smaller back tire, more shock sag, or a shorter shock are the only way that I can think of to drop the rear end.

It is a 'FR' and thus does not have a low bb, or a very slack head angle....a 7 point 'DH' would be cool though.. I tend to prefer DH type geo on all of my bikes, and have modded several (DHR, 6-pack) to get more of what I want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.