Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been riding my stock Mongoose XR-100 for two years now. I can't really afford to purchase a newer and more advanced bike so I thought I might look into upfitting some items either used or new depending on the price. I saw a post about adding the Rock Shox Judy C to this style bike. Does anyone have any ideas on replacing the shocks on this bike. I'm looking for more travel and better rebound. Also are these difficult to change? Thanks.......

·
Riding a Rig.
1,156 Posts
I would say don't put any money into it, save the money for a bike with better components. I had an xr-250 and it was absolute trash. IF your set on getting a new fork keep in mind that increasing the travel in the front may screw with the geometry of the bike. I would bet that the bike has a 1-1/8in headtube so you should be okay with most forks. However the judy c... I may be wrong but I don't think any of the judy series have worthwhile damping, so they sort of turn into a pogo stick. I have a judy tt on my current bike, and its really pretty lousy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts