Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
destructionismyobjective
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here it is, not quite finished. Need to get a few parts for it still, and I havent done any other major upgrades besides the fork but it will happen this winter as I get the money. I need to get black grips and a black saddle also. But here she is. Btw, dont like the feel of these cheesy splice forks but ill have to take em for a spin before passing judgement.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi bitterrider!
I have exactly the same Trek 4300 (but non-disk version). Is it '2002 model?
I like how black Trek looks. How did you paint it? Could you provide some extra details?
What is the other bike? Was it painted too or finished & clearcoated somehow?
What is Trek's current setup?

·
destructionismyobjective
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im not sure the year I got it off of a friend for cheap and rode it through part of the summer then started to tear into it. I just stripped stickers, sanded, primed and used flat black automotive spray paint on it. Guess I wont know how it holds up till spring. But use it mostly for racing anyways so it doesnt see a whole lot of action. Right now The trek is pretty stock. Got discs off of some schwinn my friend had. I am gonna upgrade seing as the new fork wont accept the calipers I got. The fork is the manitou splice oe from jenson for $100. I may go singlespeed, not sure yet. I also want to get some cf handlebars and black grips and seatpost. Oh yeah the other bike is a 06 gary fisher bitter. Completely stock. That bike is sooooo much fun. That is what i usually ride cause im more of a screw around, turnaround hit that again rider than hardcore go fast guy. The gf is just a blast to ride.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts