Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
the refurbished one
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody have seen sth like that any time before (the white line crossing the inside of the crown)?
we found this on an marzocchi fork that is about 1.5 years old.

any suggestions?

thx,
hball

·
the refurbished one
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
goRz said:
I can't really see anything, could you make this red mark more specific ?
:confused: you can not see this white discoloring?

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Don't ride it

Catastrophic failure can't be too far off. I would take it to the LBS and see if they can't help resolve the issue with Marzocchi.

Bob

·
All 26.5" all the time!
1,855 Posts
It does not look like a crack to me... more like an area where the dye didn't penetrate during the annodization process.

Still, if you're unsure, send it in to Marzocchi.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
well if the line wasnt there before and is now then yes that is showing fatigue. Not sure how warranty will work with that since it is over a year but they may give a cost break. Still pretty surprising to see that on a marz crown (those things are huge)

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
hball said:
does anybody have seen sth like that any time before (the white line crossing the inside of the crown)?
we found this on an marzocchi fork that is about 1.5 years old.

any suggestions?
thx,
hball
That doesn't look like a crack to me. If anything, it would indicate something stretching in the crown. It could be improper heat treatment, if there is one, post cryofitting the stanchions into the crown. It doesn't seem like a major failure is coming your way, but, you can never be too cautious.

_MK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.