Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I've tried it once before and was turned around by bad weather. I waited to do ride it on Monday, hoping not to get run over by a ton of downhill traffic, and it couldn't have been any better. :thumbsup:

Matt

And I do this for fun :arf: ......
<iframe width='465' height='548' frameborder='0' src='http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/39371026'></iframe>

11.7 mi of climbing outta the way, now the fun starts.....
DSCF8992.JPG

I can't believe that bike is still kickin'.....
DSCF8990.JPG

Brian Head.....
PICT0056.JPG

Uhm....where'd I park?.....
PICT0147.JPG

Still a few trees down on the trail....I rolled it.....NOT!
PICT0316.JPG

Yay for trees......
PICT0483.JPG

Yeah baby!.....
PICT0378.JPG

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.....
DSCF8976.JPG

Happy and ready to do it again.....
DSCF8993.JPG

·
Registered
12,533 Posts
Did you end up going solo on your Brianhead/Navajo Lake trip? Dang that looks like fun. Wish I coulda joined you.

Eagerly awaiting the rest of the story.

·
The Hutch
1,292 Posts
That's funny Matt We did sidney all the way around to the bottom of Bunker and climbed back up Bunker to color country on Saturday (the day you ditched me) I still am having a hard time breathing...

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KRob said:
Did you end up going solo on your Brianhead/Navajo Lake trip? Dang that looks like fun. Wish I coulda joined you.

Eagerly awaiting the rest of the story.
KRob-

There was a ton of LV peeps that made it up to BH but the lack of cell phone service sent most of us in different directions. I was camped over at Navajo Lake with THE RICK('s).
There's more pics and r/r on the way........

Matty

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rob1208lv said:
That's funny Matt We did sidney all the way around to the bottom of Bunker and climbed back up Bunker to color country on Saturday (the day you ditched me) I still am having a hard time breathing...
Rob-

I ran into two ladies with Mountains Edge jerseys sorta near the top as I was climbing up, other than that, I only saw a handful of riders on the entire trail. Sorry to have missed you guys but the cell service was really bad. Post up your ride/parade pics :thumbsup:

Matt

·
The Hutch
1,292 Posts
beagledadi said:
Rob-

I ran into two ladies with Mountains Edge jerseys sorta near the top as I was climbing up, other than that, I only saw a handful of riders on the entire trail. Sorry to have missed you guys but the cell service was really bad. Post up your ride/parade pics :thumbsup:

Matt
I'd post pics and vids but my kid decided to play with the go pro and deleted all the pics..+ vids off it..

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,161 Posts
Looks awesome up there Matt. You have no idea how bad I wanted to be up there. Thanks for the stoke!

·
pants on head retarded
256 Posts
Wait a second, WAIT A SECOND!!! Were you riding Navajo Lake Loop on Monday?

Shoulda waited 'till Tomorrow for Bunker Creek... the Burger Barn should be open :) I'll be riding it tomorrow morning some time, trail in decent shape for the most part?

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yurtinus said:
Wait a second, WAIT A SECOND!!! Were you riding Navajo Lake Loop on Monday?

Shoulda waited 'till Tomorrow for Bunker Creek... the Burger Barn should be open :) I'll be riding it tomorrow morning some time, trail in decent shape for the most part?

Rode Navajo Lake/Virgin Rim Trails on Friday, Saturday and Sunday....trails were in awesome shape!!
Rode Bunker Creek on Monday, there were about 15 downed trees across the trail and several patches of snow up towards the summit but still rideable.....enjoy!! :thumbsup:

Matt

·
pants on head retarded
256 Posts
Just finished a top to bottom ride (not as hxc as you :p ) and it was great. One down tree at the top, one tiny snow patch up there, otherwise smooth sailing. We did the left fork... looks like the right fork wasn't cleared yet?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Up and down bunker creek?!? Matt, you are an animal dude. I can't even walk at that altitude let alone ride my bike up. I was going to take a bunch of MTB newbies up there for a ride DOWN Bunker this weekend, but it sounds like the easier right fork is still a bit messy with downed trees. I'll probably just take em to Navajo lake..don't want to scare them away from our sport.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts