Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the line between the two? My front wheel recently developed a somewhat significant wobble, and using the ziptie to the fork truing stand, I could not get it true. This could just be my noob mechanical skills though. In the process of attempting to true my wheel, I broke a spoke which just pissed the living sh*t outta me. :madmax: It is like there isn't a particularly large wobble, but the wobble is prolonged. It seems like 25 percent or 35 percent of the wheel/tire is not aligned with the rest. So frustrating. BTW I got them used around 2.5 years ago and I've been riding on them without touching em since. ERGH

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
fisherdude4eva said:
Where is the line between the two? My front wheel recently developed a somewhat significant wobble, and using the ziptie to the fork truing stand, I could not get it true. This could just be my noob mechanical skills though. In the process of attempting to true my wheel, I broke a spoke which just pissed the living sh*t outta me. :madmax: It is like there isn't a particularly large wobble, but the wobble is prolonged. It seems like 25 percent or 35 percent of the wheel/tire is not aligned with the rest. So frustrating. BTW I got them used around 2.5 years ago and I've been riding on them without touching em since. ERGH
If you can not true the wheel and/or the spoke tension is wildly uneven after truing, the rim is bent.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts