Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed most of my parts on my 2006 Epic and before purchasing parts I read that universalcycles.com are awesome.

True enough, they are so far the BEST online retailer I have dealt with. Mike and Josh were excellent all throughout my transaction and even wrote a personal note on my receipt. Small things like that really mean a lot to me especially coming from online retailers.

Anyway, thanks again Mike and Josh. Looking forward to buy some parts again.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,939 Posts
That's a switch, a few years ago there was countless complaints about them.

·
Who are the brain police?
10,112 Posts
Last year I ordered from them and received great service, the best prices and quick delivery. They suck! Oh wait...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will definitely not hesitate buying or recommending these guys to anybody. I'm always on alert whenever I purchase something online since I have been burned a couple of times before and did not receive good service at all.

Kudos to the guys at universalcycles.com!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Yeah, I agree - numerous excellent transactions with them recently. Got a phone call today from them regarding a shipping status; I appreciated the proactive way they handled it for me.

I remember them having a not stellar reputation before also, so whatever changed, I'm happy to see it! Their prices and selection are impressive; I'll definitely continue to order from them.

Cheers, Chris

·
Registered
439 Posts
Especially if you're in Portland!

They don't really have a retail store, but if you're local, you can get a "credit" for shipping -- they actually reduce your invoice by a few bucks if you're going to pick up items locally. And they're just a short ride from my house... I came back with a messenger bag full of derailleurs and tires recently!

·
Registered
88 Posts
i had a problem lately with universal. I placed a 760 dollar order jan.21st which at first they said would ship out by the 23rd but then never sent out till the 26th at almost midnight. To top that i paid for express shipping, 41 dollars and they sent it out ups ground. So my shipment didn't arrive till 2pm today. Thats almost two weeks. When i contacted them about this they blamed the weather. I never had any problems like this with pricepoint or cambria and will never buy from universal again.

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,939 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mtbkr cookie - i'm sorry to hear that happened. something similar like that happened to me. i ordered a bunch of stuff from them and then the next day they emailed me that i had to wait for some of the parts and actually 2 day aired my parts when it came in. granted that i had to wait but i was very patient with them nevertheless.

like i said ealier, i will definitely be a returning customer and will gladly recommend them to anyone. try emailing mike, maybe he could do something for you. hope this helps! good luck.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Universal

I did the same thing - upgrading my 2006 Epic with parts from Universal.

Shipping was slightly slower than expected, but it was ground. Everything was delivered as promised and I saved 15% using their web coupon.

Good service and no issues.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.