Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know for sure what the top tube lengths are for Universal Cycles Phobia Anxiety frames? I am looking for a 23" top tube. I asked them and they contradicted the KHS web site. Why do the measure everything except the horizontal top tube?

Front Derailleur: 1-1/4"; 31.8mm, Seat Post 27.2mm, Headset: 1-1/8", Bottom Bracket: 68mm

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Effective top tube length

If you're referring to the effective top tube length (horizontal distance from the steerer tube/downtube junction to the seatpost), it can be calculated from the measurements given in your posted diagram.

A 15" Frame ETT length = 22.4"
A 17" Frame ETT length = 23.3"

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes

Matscix80 said:
If you're referring to the effective top tube length (horizontal distance from the steerer tube/downtube junction to the seatpost), it can be calculated from the measurements given in your posted diagram.

A 15" Frame ETT length = 22.4"
A 17" Frame ETT length = 23.3"
That's what I wanted to know, thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
dirtpaws said:
What equation did you use to figure that out?

I want to learn form a math standpoint so I can figure this out myself in the future.
I just used general geometry rules and the lengths/angles from the given diagram. My work always looks like chicken scratch, but it works The important to look at numbers were the top tube length, seat tube angle (from the horizontal) and the angle between the top tube and seat tube.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.