Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any info about this bike? It is a Dual suspension bike wondering if it was decent? Heavy? Light? Problems? Is it worth putting money into if I just got the frame, seatpost, h-bars and crank?

·
No good in rock gardens..
4,439 Posts
That would be at least 10 or 12 years old I think.

They were a rising rate linkage bike, with the shock mounted under the top tube - like a Giant ATX 890, various Rocky Mountains etc.

That's about all I know, I've seen them in old copies of Mountain Bike Action mags I still have.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Got any pics?

Univega had at least three or four different types of duallies out there. Some of 'em looked interesting, some of 'em where pretty much standard vanilla duallies.

Later ones were not that great. A pic would help greatly, if that's not possible a year may help.

Off hand I'd say though, if the price is right it shouldn't be too bad (for most of 'em), newer forks may mess up the geo a bit though.

JmZ

JonBoy said:
Anyone have any info about this bike? It is a Dual suspension bike wondering if it was decent? Heavy? Light? Problems? Is it worth putting money into if I just got the frame, seatpost, h-bars and crank?

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Univega Dual Action Pro on Ebay

so is the one I just bought (ebay #200005267574) the one your talking about? and did I just buy it from you? or maybe there are TWO of them!

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is the one I was talking about but I didnt bid on it. Looks like you prob got a good deal as I still dont know much about it. I just sold my trek 930(to big of frame for me) and bought a Ibex 650. My email is [email protected] I would not mind seeing a pick when your done with it.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
That's the one I was thinking of...

stan4bikes said:
so is the one I just bought (ebay #200005267574) the one your talking about? and did I just buy it from you? or maybe there are TWO of them!
It's a pretty decent frame. Similar bikes were done by Univega, Jamis, Barracuda, and at least one or two more companies. (They probably all came from the same plant in Tiwan).

The rear shock was a 6.5 X 1.5. I had the Jamis Dakar version. Only problem I had with the bike was I got the wrong size... I needed a 17 instead of the 15 I bought.

A new fork may relax the head tube angle, but honestly that's about it.

Rocky Mountain is still running a similar design, and it has similarites to the Sugars and Racer X frames that are still out on the trail.

Good luck with the build!

JmZ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.