Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my first real mountain bike shorts, the baggy kind with the lycra liner and the butt/prostrate pad. Very nice and all, but I find it's an awful lot of layers to be wearing on a hot day.
So my question is, for those of you who use these kind of shorts, do you also wear underwear with them? :confused:

·
(enter witty phrase here)
2,250 Posts
GuruAtma said:
Well I got my first real mountain bike shorts, the baggy kind with the lycra liner and the butt/prostrate pad. Very nice and all, but I find it's an awful lot of layers to be wearing on a hot day.
So my question is, for those of you who use these kind of shorts, do you also wear underwear with them? :confused:
Noooo, no undies. They will only chafe you.
Ummm I hope that liner isn't padding your prostrate! :eek:

·
Registered
248 Posts
no undies....

tlg said:
interesting story. my wife doesn't ride that much, but every year i can talk her into a triathlon and a road tour or two. a few times in the past, well almost every time, she complains that the seat is tearing her to bits "down there". i'd adjust the seat, and still the same result. we chalked it up to total lack of saddle time. this routine goes back about 3 years.

well, this year we do a local triathlon, and ride our tandem. i know she hasn't been riding at all, just running, but the ride length was only 17 miles, anyone should be able to make that with out too much discomfort. well, about halfway in, she's jumping all around behind me, trying to adjust, and basically just driving me nuts. we finish, and once again she proclaims that she may be ruined by the evil seat.

we pile into the car, and since we planned to stop at the bob evans, she changes while we're on the road. she starts peeling off the cycling shorts, and being the guy that i am, i look over. she's got on a lacy fronted thong! no wonder you're hamburgerizing yourself! somehow, she never got the no underwear message.

i'm sure she's probably extremely happy i shared this story.

·
Registered
168 Posts
tlg said:
I DONT WHEN THERE CLEAN! :p

sometimes i want to ride and my two pairs of baggies are dirty enough where it would just be down right nasty for my "lou holtz" to come in contact with anything in those baggies :eek: , so i opt to wear some boxer briefs!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
who wants to wear two pair of shorts?

GuruAtma said:
Not me. Especially ones that cost a bunch. What I've done for I think 5 years now, is wear a pair of Andiamo padded briefs (available at CO Cyclist, $23 I think they are now) and $1 or $2 thrift shop shorts. Perfectly comfortable, and unlike with current baggy cycling shorts, you get some breeze up your legs. And $1 shop rags when they wear through, as all shorts do when you pedal in them, instead of $60 or $80 shop rags that make you wanna cry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.