Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
artistic...
7,636 Posts
that's depressing..it became a status symbol, a comodity for disposable income. the cool thing about collecting old bikes is the persoanl value side of it. i ride my wicked everyday and trash it on the trails. it's my bike.. .
the yo eddy cult is becoming BS.

·
Registered
336 Posts
After 8+ years on Ebay, nothing surprises me anymore. It's a beautiful fork, but $952???!!!!! It just goes to prove yet again that Ebay causes people to temporarily go insane, and outbidding another user becomes more important than the amount of money involved.:D

Craig

·
401 Posts
Thats what happens when your not "connected" and have no clue but a ton of cash......:skep: I guess if you have to have one...........whatever. I saw a rockin Waltworks fork the other day that I know costs a boatload less........:p

·
artistic...
7,636 Posts
yeah. call walt.. his forks have a lot of the BOI yo eddy influence. similar crown and legs attachment. have one made w/ the new true temper steerer, it's feather weight. cost: around $200.

·
Let me ask my wife
358 Posts
This auction shocks me. You can get Rody to make a reproduction for far, far less. Granted it's not an original but it's likely a better fork.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Dudes

Maybe the guy who bought it is reading this. Why judging he is fool or saying he did a stupid purchase? Sure $952 is a lot of money to me, but maybe he swims in it or he feels a passion for Fat that can be expressed in money. Furthermore there is another who was willing to pay 950, so he is not alone. Whatever.

·
bonked
2,129 Posts
Elevation12 said:
Dudes

Maybe the guy who bought it is reading this. Why judging he is fool or saying he did a stupid purchase? Sure $952 is a lot of money to me, but maybe he swims in it or he feels a passion for Fat that can be expressed in money. Furthermore there is another who was willing to pay 950, so he is not alone. Whatever.
It is the opinion of the people judging, that is all.

So, to expand on my opinion I think it is really stupid to buy a utilitarian item and never use it. I bought all of my bikes to ride and I only hold onto them to this day so that I can ride them. If some collector wants to pay big money for any of them someday, fine. That is their right and I will gladly relieve them of their hard earned or trust fund money. Collecting a perfectly good bike, car, gun, whatever and never using it is just plain a waste of time and space to me and it robs somebody else of the chance to actually use the item in question.

·
artistic...
7,636 Posts
Elevation12 said:
Dudes

it's not that candid or individualistic. it affects us all. it affects me cause i have not bought my yo eddy yet.
i'm under the impression ibis mojos are becoming expensive on ebay as well.

·
Registered
676 Posts
You're right on that Colker. Increasing prices do affect us all. I realize I am a lucky guy having bought quite a lot stuff years ago and that I also am are very passionate for Miyatas and their value didn't really skyrocket so far.

We're all egoistic creatures. It applies to someone willing to pay more than another to get something and also to me, a bloke who keeps 25 bikes for hisself :D

·
just 1 more
1,153 Posts
IF52 said:
Collecting a perfectly good bike, car, gun, whatever and never using it is just plain a waste of time and space to me and it robs somebody else of the chance to actually use the item in question.
Think of it this way: the guy who collects or owns something and doesn't use it (bike, gun, whatever) is just saving it so someone later can really appreciate it. :thumbsup: Where would VRC nuts be if every old MTB was beat to h3ll and back? Not having nearly as much fun.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.