Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 01' SC Bullit presently running a 5" travel 02' Z1 Freeride up front and a 6" travel 7 7/8" x 2.25" Vanilla RC in the rear. I want to use the bike an agressive trail ride. The present head tube angle is a bit slack @ 67* so I was thinking of putting on a 8.5" x 2.5" shock. I figure my rear travel will be 7". There was a post on the SC board mentioning the newer bullits didn't ride well w/ a 5" fork - any thoughts on running this set-up ? Thanx

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
keen said:
I have a 01' SC Bullit presently running a 5" travel 02' Z1 Freeride up front and a 6" travel 7 7/8" x 2.25" Vanilla RC in the rear. I want to use the bike an agressive trail ride. The present head tube angle is a bit slack @ 67* so I was thinking of putting on a 8.5" x 2.5" shock. I figure my rear travel will be 7". There was a post on the SC board mentioning the newer bullits didn't ride well w/ a 5" fork - any thoughts on running this set-up ? Thanx
Have you thought about getting a new Heckler instead? That way you would be balanced at 5" front and rear.

·
Registered
593 Posts
keen said:
Change your shock shuttle and it will change the HT angle to make it more steep. The balanced thing isn't that inportant when it is within 24mm.

I run a 6" fork on my 7" travel Bullit.

·
Registered
9,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I purchased the 01' Bullit as a poor man's Heckler - can't afford a Heckler @ the moment.

Shock shuttle is allready in the steepest position - gonna just fabricate a longer shuttle and give a another test on the trails - Thanx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts