Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Thunder Chunky
Joined
·
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a transient right patella dislocation today and now im stuck in this thing. Basically the catilage in my knee is torn and sometimes if I bend it weird or something it flips up and gets stuck making it so the other bone cant move and then I cant straighten my leg. I have a doctors appointment tomarrow so we will see what he says. :madman: :madman: :madman: :madman: :madman:
Incase you are really smart or I didnt explain it good enough:
http://www.uhrad.com/msiarc/msi066.htm
 

·
ride hard take risks
Joined
·
25,423 Posts
Sounds like the ligaments and mussel holding the knee are stretching allowing the joint to pop out. The more you continue to do this you will slowly wear away the ball and or socket causing the knee to dislocate if your eyes cross. Odds are Doc will tell you to kick back in the lounge chair with the remote. After you get the results you should post on Lee Likes Bikes about rehab he has been around and busted himself up pretty good yet keeps coming back, Brraappp never give up. :cornut:

http://www.leelikesbikes.com/

http://www.evs-sports.com/store/?category_id=1&item_id=115
 

·
Thunder Chunky
Joined
·
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dogonfr said:
Sounds like the ligaments and mussel holding the knee are stretching allowing the joint to pop out. The more you continue to do this you will slowly wear away the ball and or socket causing the knee to dislocate if your eyes cross. Odds are Doc will tell you to kick back in the lounge chair with the remote. After you get the results you should post on Lee Likes Bikes about rehab he has been around and busted himself up pretty good yet keeps coming back, Brraappp never give up. :cornut:

http://www.leelikesbikes.com/

http://www.evs-sports.com/store/?category_id=1&item_id=115
Thanks for the info dog! I really havent looked into that much im just waiting to see what the doc says tomarrow. $375 for that brace is alot but if it means I can keep riding then its worth it :thumbsup:
 

·
ride hard take risks
Joined
·
25,423 Posts
Madman133 said:
Thanks for the info dog! I really havent looked into that much im just waiting to see what the doc says tomarrow. $375 for that brace is alot but if it means I can keep riding then its worth it :thumbsup:
Im no Doc just screwed my body up doing extreme sports all my life and now enjoy pain. :crazy:

If you have medical insurance they should cover a knee brace for you. The nice thing with EVS is it is designed for extreme sports athletes with there feedback. The Web is actually designed to break rather than you and EVS covers this under there warranty, if the brace breaks saving your knee they will replace it free. Most knee braces will hold together in extreme situations causing more injury to an already damaged rider. If you check out there web site they hold together many extreme athletes so they can continue smiling, there list is true not just some name slinging and some athletes arnt even listed, these guys are awesome. :rockon:
 

·
Thunder Chunky
Joined
·
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
woohoo I dont have to wear the brace thing any longer! Right now we are just going to do some physical therapy to get the muscles around it stronger and that should help alot but if the problem comes back after that then there are a couple of surgical options to fix it. So overall it doesnt sound like anything that cant be fixxed :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
 

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
Joined
·
11,816 Posts
Madman133 said:
woohoo I dont have to wear the brace thing any longer! Right now we are just going to do some physical therapy to get the muscles around it stronger and that should help alot but if the problem comes back after that then there are a couple of surgical options to fix it. So overall it doesnt sound like anything that cant be fixxed :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
good to hear dude... now rest up and post more on the forums with the down time... haha
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top