Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
East Coast Style
Joined
·
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dannymonky said:
that ones fine. use duct tape. better than electric tape.
if youre talking about the tape on the crankarms, that would be because theyre my brothers cranks...(hes a lil OCD about scratches heh). and i didnt install the cranks the wrong way if thats wat you were thinking...
 

·
Can't get right...
Joined
·
556 Posts
acdcfan1283 said:
if youre talking about the tape on the crankarms, that would be because theyre my brothers cranks...(hes a lil OCD about scratches heh). and i didnt install the cranks the wrong way if thats wat you were thinking...
sorry bad attempt at humor i guess.(duct tape IS better than electric tape). i know they werent installed that way too. splines are shot. How bad are the crank arms where they bolt up? might need more than a bb..
 

·
East Coast Style
Joined
·
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ANdRewLIu6294 said:
i think he stripped SOMETHING...

..either the spindle or hte crankarm, possibly broke the spindle...
THANK YOU! at least someone here doesnt think im an idiot. i didnt put em on different to be all cool. im not a pinkbike ***...
 

·
East Coast Style
Joined
·
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dannymonky said:
sorry bad attempt at humor i guess.(duct tape IS better than electric tape). i know they werent installed that way too. splines are shot. How bad are the crank arms where they bolt up? might need more than a bb..
if it needs more than a bb i might shoot myself...im already in debt big time to the parents, how am i gonna dish out hte money for a new crankset? oh...well he does have those profile cranks...maybe ill buy em his bottom bracket he needs. hmm...
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
Lol, what'd you do that on? I snapped my Shimano BB spindle a few months ago at a 4x race when I not so smoothly landed a double. :p Not the most fun experience to have the spindle give out under you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
601 Posts
if its just the BB, you could get a FSA external ISIS BB, cheap, and should be durable:
http://www.ride-this.com/product.php?item=20010004

but if something like that happened, more than likely the splines would be damaged too. if thats the case, i'd just go for one of the External bb cranksets, like the Evolve DH, or a Saint, which can be found for pretty cheap now.

but like you said, you're short on money, and i cant help you with that, maybe someone here has a Crankset/BB they can sell him?
 

·
East Coast Style
Joined
·
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
COmtbiker12 said:
Lol, what'd you do that on? I snapped my Shimano BB spindle a few months ago at a 4x race when I not so smoothly landed a double. :p Not the most fun experience to have the spindle give out under you.
6' drop and the bike is not made for my weight...heheh.
 
G

·
You broke the spindle, and if thats the case than I dont know how you are going to get the cranks off, especially if they are tight... I mean its not impossible, but it wont be easy.
Cranks should be fine if you can get them off the BB....
Can you pull the cranks out as is?

If you dont have a Crank puller / BB tool get one or let the LBS do it....
 
G

·
mtb_biker said:
You should be able to take the cranks and bottom brakcet off without any real hassle.
If the spindle is broken, when he wrenches on the crank bolt it will just spin and wont loosen...
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top