Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Keep The Rubber Side Down
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to be a regular in these parts. You may know me from movies such as: AZSF, September By The Sound, August By The Sound, Interbike, and many more.

Live through a monkey wrench in my way which pretty much endo'd me from riding on any kind of regular basis. But now, I'm slowly climbing back on the saddle. I'll do my best to be on the saddle and here a little more.

So, what did I miss in the past two or three years that I've been MIA? :D

·
Registered
876 Posts
Jerk Chicken got banned.

There was lots of consternation on the Beginner's Board.

Apparently bikers, hikers and equestrians don't always get along.

On a really serious note, Anthony S. passed away, there's a sticky here, what a loss.

I'm sure others will chime in with much more.

David B.

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Hello poser newb

Welcome back.

What's happened in the past 3 years:

Some great passion posts.
Some tragic losses.
Some really great recovery news from members winning their fights with cancer.
Some drama.
Some new members getting upset.
Some people getting pissed about the way Francis and Gregg run the site.
Some great friendships were made.

Same sh!t as usual.

·
Steel is real.
1,268 Posts
davidbeinct said:
Jerk Chicken got banned.
Welcome back Mellow - it has been a while. I'm kind of in the same boat as you in that I rarely have time to visit at length. I'll pop my head in every now and again to see what's up and that's about it usually. This past week however I've been popping my head in more than usual and have been checking daily. Maybe 'cause I'm riding less at present (weather). Nothing's changed really. You get some wicked posts and you get crappy ones as well. You get folks mad about nothing and screw turners trying to get a rise out of some others. It's all good. It's the same.

I did miss all events leading up to Jerk Chicken's "banning" however. What was that about? I'm curious. I've never understood this "banning" nonsense.

·
Registered
10,126 Posts
Mellow Yellow said:
I used to be a regular in these parts. You may know me from movies such as: AZSF, September By The Sound, August By The Sound, Interbike, and many more.

Live through a monkey wrench in my way which pretty much endo'd me from riding on any kind of regular basis. But now, I'm slowly climbing back on the saddle. I'll do my best to be on the saddle and here a little more.

Welcome back MY - have not seen you since a CBC run on the shore a few years back. Let us know if you are in the area once we lose our snow.

·
Rocket Boy
272 Posts
Mellow Yellow said:

Dude, did you used to go by the name of Weird Beard? I used to go by Rocket Boy. Iffin' this is the same dude, welcome back!!

Arby ("RB" = Rocket Boy)

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
The short version...

Ska! said:
Welcome back Mellow - it has been a while. I'm kind of in the same boat as you in that I rarely have time to visit at length. I'll pop my head in every now and again to see what's up and that's about it usually. This past week however I've been popping my head in more than usual and have been checking daily. Maybe 'cause I'm riding less at present (weather). Nothing's changed really. You get some wicked posts and you get crappy ones as well. You get folks mad about nothing and screw turners trying to get a rise out of some others. It's all good. It's the same.

I did miss all events leading up to Jerk Chicken's "banning" however. What was that about? I'm curious. I've never understood this "banning" nonsense.
There was a lot more drama than this:
- JC disagreed with an opinion of a sponsor.
- The sponsor asked that he be banned.
- There was some correspondence between JC And Gregg.
- JC was banned.

I don't understand banning either. Isn't that what the ignore feature is about?

·
Registered
10,126 Posts
Ken in KC said:
There was a lot more drama than this:
- JC disagreed with an opinion of a sponsor.
- The sponsor asked that he be banned.
- There was some correspondence between JC And Gregg.
- JC was banned.

I don't understand banning either. Isn't that what the ignore feature is about?
I dont think the mods are allowed to ignore sponsors :p

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Clarity...

006_007 said:
I dont think the mods are allowed to ignore sponsors :p
I agree. I have opinions on both sides of this specific incident but it's over and done. It is what it is. I was answering Ska's question.

I'm sure that people who are still outraged over the decision will derail this thread but that isn't my intent.

·
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey 006_007

006_007 said:
Welcome back MY - have not seen you since a CBC run on the shore a few years back. Let us know if you are in the area once we lose our snow.
Yeah, I'm very overdue for a trip back to the great white north. That is one of my 2010 resolutions. I talk to Tim all the time so I'll let him and you know when I'm heading back!

·
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Vlad

Vlad said:
Dude, I remember you! Welcome back. Are you still in the PNW?
yes, it's me!! I'm still in the great Pacific NorthWET :D Life has been a little bit of a roller coaster, but otherwise all is good. Have you been keeping things in check here for me while I've been away?:thumbsup:

·
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nope

Arby said:
Dude, did you used to go by the name of Weird Beard? I used to go by Rocket Boy. Iffin' this is the same dude, welcome back!!

Arby ("RB" = Rocket Boy)
I've always been Mellow Yellow. I was "Trek-E" back when MTBR.com had just started.

·
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Famous last words, JimC...

JimC. said:
2 more bikes, if that counts. but I now have the laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssstttttttttttttttt bike I'll ever need.
:rolleyes:
Jim
Famous last words!! LOLOLOL:thumbsup:

·
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I guess we'll see

TheotherH said:
Echo.... :D

Mellow, do you remember how to ride a bike? :p Nice of you to drop by.
I've ridden my road bike on limited occasions and I discovered I need a new saddle. Now I need to make sure the mountain bikes all work:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.