Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...... That Fox 32 chassis uppers fit into Reba lowers EXACTLY??

Dickin around found that my TALAS RLC uppers and internals fit my Reba 29er lowers. Slides perfect with no binding, and no knock. Obivously some spacers and bottom out bumpers would need to be modified, but......

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
chequamagon said:
...... That Fox 32 chassis uppers fit into Reba lowers EXACTLY??

Dickin around found that my TALAS RLC uppers and internals fit my Reba 29er lowers. Slides perfect with no binding, and no knock. Obivously some spacers and bottom out bumpers would need to be modified, but......
Interesting. Not too surprising since PUSH uses RS seals on Fox forks.

Although I'd prefer the Reba internals over the Fox regardless. Good find, interested to see what all the tweaking gurus can come up with.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yeah after a full season on the Reba 29er on two bikes, I ordered a 26" Reba for my Epic.

I am pretty sold on the Reba I like how stiff the damping but still have good big bump compliance. (I rewrote a couple times and that is the best I can come up with, sorry)

·
Registered
186 Posts
None said:
BUT, does the carbon uppers of the 26 reba fit the 29er lowers? Hmmmm?
I could not find it on the search function.

I talked to Rock Shox at length about why we did not see a carbon upper on the 29er stuff. He said under there testing it was not stiff enough to control the larger front wheel, and in order to make it stiff enough for the 29er the aluminum crown was lighter.

that was enough for me not to spend the cash on something that may break or will be flexxy.

would look really cool though.

·
Lazy People Suck
776 Posts
What I would really love to see is...

a pseudo F80X Terralogic for a 29er. I wonder if the 29er Reba lowers would work with Fox F80X or F100X uppers. That could be the hot ticket on my El Padrino race bike. Does anyone know if this has been done anywhere?

·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
2,546 Posts
Fett said:
a pseudo F80X Terralogic for a 29er. I wonder if the 29er Reba lowers would work with Fox F80X or F100X uppers. That could be the hot ticket on my El Padrino race bike. Does anyone know if this has been done anywhere?
I have an F80X on my 26"SS and Reba on my 29HT. I'm not sure how it happened but, on the Reba, in the lockout postion, it doesn't compress while mashing, but in the rough, it unlocks and is smoother than the F80X. I'm afraid to figure out why. If it ain't broke...

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Fred.....

It's likely the "Flood Gate" set just right on your Reba. :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.