Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
radair said:
Why? Do you know of 100+ people who want to race?

I don't know about Quebec but in central NH June is the height of bug season...
100? Not personally but I know about 20 riders that would jump at a race like this. I would assume that it would fill up real quick. If that's not the case then I retract :)

·
Got A Lust for Life...
2,969 Posts
Sounds like credentials are recent long races that were finished. Dan wants riders to have a good chance at finishing the race. In other words, a pool of riders that are strong enough and have the psychological stamina to complete. I see nothing wrong with that.
I sent mine in and was accepted. Now all I need is a 29r and spandex and about 5 centuries under my belt before June.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yes, I can see how the credential part can ruffle some feathers. But the course that was designed and the idea behind the whole event is to push limits that you normally don't hit in a regular race. Every time I have done the Jay MTB I broke down at some point. The old course was a mental mind bomb, this one should provide as well.

Do we want to have someone give this event a half a$$ed prep and need to be evacuated from the Canadian wilderness? No that costs money and puts other people at risk. I welcome this idea of being fit to compete, and look forward t meeting the other riders who will join us in June.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.