Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing the clamp/head on my very old Ultimate stand with a new pro elite clamp, unfortunately it didn't come with a diagram or instructions for the swap.

If I place the roller bearing and two washers on the arm side the arm works right but it's hard to hold the arm angle static without much more tightening than I'm accustomed to.

If I place the roller bearing and washers on the tri-armed nut side the aluminum arm seat flops around when loosened.

Anyone have one around and know which way it assembles? Also, what is the red cap for?

·
2,818 Posts
consolidated,

It goes washer-roller bearing washer - washer...then black finishing cap, tri spinner knob, finally little red cap to finish it off. Note the black finishing cap needs to be pressed pretty good into hatched shell fitting (two snap/holes) so use your two thumbs and gently push into place.

If that sounds confusing, email me brett . rosenbauer @ ultimatesupport.com or call 800.525.5628 x568. I'm back in the office Tuesday and can email you a schematic sheet then.

Good Luck,

Brett @ Ultimate Support

·
2,818 Posts
Yup, it is a very nice clamping head - props go to our design engineer Jon for taking the original pro clamp head design a step farther and even more innovative. Kind of one of those products nobody really understands until they can get their hands on one. Enjoy! ~Brett

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.