Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Enforcer
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to build a DJ frame soon, and i am curious as to what you guys think the best geometry for a DJ Bike would be. This bike will be ridden 90% Dirt jumps and 10% Street and park. Obviously Dirt Jump orientated geometry takes a priority. Bike will be made out of 4130 steel. Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance
Kamikazee Ideki

·
Registered
203 Posts
Just copy numbers off Black Market's Mob. Although I couldn't find the geo spec on their site. In fact, if you find that info, let me know. I'm riding mine, and I swear I forget I'm riding a bike with "such" big wheels.

Good luck on the fabricay. Remember: Measure once, cut twice. What I always say.

·
Registered
886 Posts
The ideal frame:

22.5" TT (23 effective), 14.7" chain stay, 13.4" BB, 9.75" BB to TT/ST intersection, 70 HT angle, Euro BB, 1 1/8 headset, integrated seat clamp at 25.4mm

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Everybody is different.

There's no magical TT, CS, whatever length. If you're going to the lengths of custom-fabbing a frame, you might as well study up on your own body's geometry (take measurements, calculate overall reach, etc. etc.) so you end up with a frame that's "best" for you.

Good luck!

·
Registered
886 Posts
mackstann said:
If you're gonna use BMX cranks, I say go with an American or mid bb. I don't understand why most dj/street frames have Euro bbs.
Euro bbs are nice because you have the option of running a lighter XTR or other mtb crank yet you can still run a lot of other BMX cranks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.