Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
only yeti with dh skills
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BOS engineering has developed the ultimate upgrade for the Marzocchi 888 fork. The upgrade consists in a completely new set of internals developed with the feedback of Anne-Caro and Vouilloz. The lower knobs control the compression of each leg and the upper ones control the rebound. The precharge or sag is controlled internally and the fork has to be oppened to set it up. The price of the kit is said to be €600.00 in France.

I really don`t know how much better the 888 can be....even without the high speed damping upgrade offered by marzocchi it works like no other fork before. But on the other hand a fork developed with the feedback of Niko and Anne-Caro and fabricated by BOS...i say it`s a must try.....if u got the cash. Remember that this will also be a really nice option in a year or two when your 888 is old and it`s structure is intact.

Has someone been so lucky to try it?

check out my space: http://spaces.msn.com/members/yetidh/

Attachments

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
dhracer1067 said:
more like go a little lower and get an avalanche.

888rc=1150 + BOS internals=1150.37 = 2300.37

as long as that little symbol means pounds.
actually it means euros... I dont think great brittan pounds are the common currency in France.

·
only yeti with dh skills
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FYI-euros, pounds and all the dollars....

Zonk0u said:
actually it means euros... I dont think great brittan pounds are the common currency in France.
1€ is as much as: US$1.30......gb pounds 0.68....CAN$1.61.....AUSSIE$1.69....CHF1.54

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
dhracer1067 said:
more like go a little lower and get an avalanche.

888rc=1150 + BOS internals=1150.37 = 2300.37

as long as that little symbol means pounds.
or get a used 888vf for cheap

but who says the Avy damping is worth getting over the stock 888 damping?

·
/dev/null
720 Posts
zedro said:
or get a used 888vf for cheap

but who says the Avy damping is worth getting over the stock 888 damping?
I like the fact that nobody has laid a single finger on this fork to determine how good the new dampers are, but the assumption is that they are clearly not as good as an Avalanche :rolleyes:

BOS made an inverted single crown that I read a bit about. From all accounts, the damper was unbelievably good, just insanely expensive (as all high quality, one-off custom items are).

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
BOS = good suspension

binary visions said:
I like the fact that nobody has laid a single finger on this fork to determine how good the new dampers are, but the assumption is that they are clearly not as good as an Avalanche :rolleyes:

BOS made an inverted single crown that I read a bit about. From all accounts, the damper was unbelievably good, just insanely expensive (as all high quality, one-off custom items are).
BOS is a rally company and they also do the suspension for Nico's rally car , they are huge in the motosport's world in europe.

With the AVY internals only being re worked SHOWA motocycle internals , I say go with the BOS stuff , but the price is outragous .

Next year zoke with have a new 888 lower casting and crowns , this compaired to current 888 with have 1.4 "in lower ride height , as well as high and low speed damping .
This change will also effect the 66 for next year , so just wait next year is going to rock !

This new 888 make the FOX dh40 look like a outdated monster T !

·
only yeti with dh skills
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sweet

Evil4bc said:
BOS is a rally company and they also do the suspension for Nico's rally car , they are huge in the motosport's world in europe.

With the AVY internals only being re worked SHOWA motocycle internals , I say go with the BOS stuff , but the price is outragous .

Next year zoke with have a new 888 lower casting and crowns , this compaired to current 888 with have 1.4 "in lower ride height , as well as high and low speed damping .
This change will also effect the 66 for next year , so just wait next year is going to rock !

This new 888 make the FOX dh40 look like a outdated monster T !
that sounds great about the 2006 888....but where did u read it?

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
didn't read it ....... saw it !

El Dorado said:
that sounds great about the 2006 888....but where did u read it?
I got a special veiwing of the 06" product at SeaOtter this year , needless to say next years ZOKE line will KILL every other fork on the market !!

BTW did anyone see the fork Cedric was rocking on his HT at SeaOtter this year ?

That's the same fork I have on my HT , 06" z1 street cedric didn't have the grind guards but same fork !!!! HAAAAA so cool !!

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
Pffft! Zedro!

zedro said:
and which edge is that? the one thats 70% heavier then it's competitors?
Even an old man can ride a bike with a Monster T on it...LOL! And the reason this old man kept this freakin' boat anchor is the fact that the fork gives my Bullit the stability of a freight train but is as supple as a motocross fork. What gets me about the travel on this thing is how resistant to bottoming it can be tuned to, yet provide such a soft ride...and without excessive dive under hard braking. My Super T on the other Bullit is good, but no amount of tuning gets it to the damping action of the Monster. I thought they basically have the same cartridges, but there's some other magic going on here...maybe internal volume differences, bushing type, or even a cartridge variation.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.