Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got hold of a 29er of my very own. (Thanks to the thieving git that had it away with my beloved, if aesthetically challenged, hybrid).

Can anyone recommend a good UK supplier that doesn't lunge for a silver crucifix at the mention of a 29er?

Tyres and tubes are a real problem, in the UK.

HT

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Humber Thumper said:
Can anyone recommend a good UK supplier that doesn't lunge for a silver crucifix at the mention of a 29er?

HT
That is funny:) Very good imagery.

Several UKers post here and I am sure they can be of assistance.

I got a set of IRC Notos from one of your countrymen Rob Dean years back with red sidewalls that were never made available here in the states for some reason. Not that that has anything to do with your request, I just had to add some 29" content. Good luck and enjoy!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Swinnerton Cycles stock Bontrager tyres, and Tim at Sideways cycles has built up a few 29ers I believe, don't know if he carries tyres in stock though. A more expensive way to do it is through speedgoat , they are a US company but they ship overseas. Welcome to the darkside, nice to have another Brit on big wheels :).

·
Registered
702 Posts
Humber Thumper said:
Finally got hold of a 29er of my very own. (Thanks to the thieving git that had it away with my beloved, if aesthetically challenged, hybrid).

Tyres and tubes are a real problem, in the UK.

HT
As for tubes, I just use larger volume 26inchers. Put a bit of air in them before you mount them and they work fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.